My Blog List

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Jain Prayer "Prabhu Patit paawan....."

Most of you must be familiar with the common stutu "prabh patit paavan...".
I am presenting a simple english meaning of it.Hope you'll enjoy it.And as I am
not good in language and understanding so please ignore my mistakes.

“Prabhu Patit paavan,mai apaavan ,charan aayao sharanji
You viradh aap nihar swami,mait jaaman-maranji”.

Means: Oh Lord,you are the purifier of the impures,I have come to your feets to
take their shelter.
And Oh Master,just by seeing you my birth and death will get away.

“Tum na pichhanya,Aann manyno dev vividh prakarji
Youu buddhi se ti nij na janyo,bhram ginyohitkarji”

Means: Oh Lord,I had not understood you and went to different other devs.That is
why,I had not understood ‘myself’ and was always in illusions which were harming
me.

“Bhav vikat van main,karm bairee gyan dhan mero haryo,
Sab istha bhulyo,bhrashta hoy, anistha gati dhartyo bhiro”

Means: Oh Lord! In this dense jungle of births and deaths,my wealth of knowledge
has been looted by my enemy called Karma.That is why,I had forgotten all that
was favourable to me,and became corrupt to just wander in harmful states of
different births.

“Dhan ghari,you dhan divas,youhi dhan janam mero bhayo
Ab bhag mero uday aayo darash prabhuji ko lakh layout”

Means: Great is this time and this day ,great is my this birth,and my fortune
has risen because I am seeing you my Lord!!!

“Chhavi veetragi nagan mudra dristhi naasa pe dharey
Vasu pratiharya anant gunn yut koti ravi chhavi ko haein”

Means: Oh Lord ! your image is veetragi (“supreme detached”),
You are naked or nirgrantha and your eyes are towards your nose.You are
worshipped with so many pratiharyas (like chamar,bhamandal,chhatra etc..) and
your infinite qualities are dominating the lights of even crores of Suns.

“Mit gayo timir mithyathva mero uday ravi aatam bhayo
Mo ur haras eso bhayo man rank chintamani layo”

Means: Seeing Thy image, the darkness of my illusions have collapsed and my
soul’s sun have arisen.I am so happy as if a pauper has got a miraculous object
which fulfills all what is desired.

“Mai haath Jodi navai mastak vi namu tum charan ji
Sarvotkrahta trilokpati Jin sunahun taran taranji”

Means: I join my hands bow my head before your feets as I have heard that You
are the best of all and the Lord of all the three worlds.

“Yachun nahi survas,puni nar raj parjan saathji
‘Buddha’ yach hun tum bhakti bhav-bhav deejiye Sivnathji”

Means: I don’t ask you to give me birth of a dev or king or the closeness of
family members and relatives.But, Oh Lord of Salvation !!! I ask you to give me
your bhakti in every birth.